Author Topic: New Skid Row covers 18 And Life  (Read 649 times)

Offline Plache

• Rat-Tailed Jimmy
New Skid Row covers 18 And Life
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:07:30 AM »
So the Skids dumped Bas years ago......disbanded.....resurfaced as Ozone whatever......grabbed Johnny Solinger and re-formed Skid Row.  That band basically sucked.  So in 2015 - just days ago - they fire Solinger and bring back!!!! Wait for it...........................................Tony Harnell?!?!  The guy from TNT.  And then they "re-record" 18 And Life.  Why?  Sure he's convincing as a Bas clone, and can basically hit the same notes, but his voice lacks the grit and passion that Sebastian Bach brings in waves.  If Tony was their vocalist in the 80's - they may have had a minor hit or 2, but I don't think they'd be revered the way they are now.  They had the perfect opportunity to bring the band back to relevance and they blew it.  So what.....they don't like Bach......nobody likes everyone they work with.  Here's a link.....and you can listen for yourselves......I think it's ok, nothing special.

Skid Row ft. Tony Harnell - 18 & Life 2015

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-re-records-18-and-life-with-tony-harnell/

Offline PrimalMotley

• Rat-Tailed Jimmy
Re: New Skid Row covers 18 And Life
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 10:14:11 AM »
I like it!  It has that rawness that Bach sang with, in my opinion.  I remember listening to TNT for the first time while living in Germany & heard Tony Harnell on Knights of the New Thunder (this was the 1st LP he had appeared on) & I had bought that LP then & there! In the record stores, yes I said record stores, in Germany; they would let you take the LP's out & play them on turntables that were scattered around the shop.  That was how I had listened to it briefly, liked it, then purchased it!